Friday Favorites: Teen Dream

{Teen Dream for Sammy Jo}

 I am so excited to share this past installation with you because I never have a chance to show before and after.  The picture below was at our initial consultation appointment for Sammy Jo's room. This little girl was so fun to work with and had a clear picture of  a "dressing room"/glam style that she wanted. The day we installed, her parents kept her home from school. It took Shannon and I over 7 hours to complete...all while she was waiting in her parent's room for the reveal. I cried when I saw her face.. but anyone that knows me knows I cry for just about everything! 

{BEFORE}
As you can see we re-purposed her drapes, I removed the top sheer floral and the swags to modernize them and make them fit into a pre-teen scheme. We also recovered her lampshades and added the ostrich trim to the top and bottom.  Sammy Jo loves peace signs so Shannon went one of her crazy searches and found an idea that inspired this heart shaped peace sign , which Lauren painted for us.

{Custom Double Bookcase by Newport Cottages}
A major problem in this room was storage. We added a vintage inspired double bookcase by Newport Cottages in an antique silver for the wall beside her bedroom. I  pulled in a circular side table in the same finish on the other side of the bed. I liked the idea of doing a totally different white nightstand, on the other side of the bed, which we found at Pottery Barn Kids to cut down on budget. The fabrics we wanted to use were pretty pricey so we used them for the facing of the pillows and back the pillows in a plain silk that matched. The duvet was a cotton jersey from Target and we added a matching ribbon for a more custom appearance.

{ Custom Headboard and Ottoman by Beach Bungalow Designs}

Sammy Jo wanted a more comfortable bed to lean against so we did a velvet tufted headboard in Hot pink. For more seating, we added the round ottoman at the foot in a polka dot.  Her desk is where we pulled in the white again from the nightstand and found a fun light( Pottery Barn Teen) to pull in the splash of blue from the picture.  The dressing screen was a painted canvas screen that Lauren added a bright pink damask. She used crystals on the edge of the Sammy Jo writing to add some "bling"!
I'm sure this room will last Sammy Jo until she goes off to college.  I loved designing this room for her because I knew she really appreciated everything and was so involved in the process. I love my job!!! Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment