"Let Them Eat Cake! " New Marie Antoinette inspired room

{Art For Kids Furniture}
We just finished this room for my sweet client Amy.  Her only request was for the finished product to be "French inspired "with blue walls and paneling. She loved the "Marie  Antoinette" era and wanted her daughter's room to transport you there.

{Marie Antionette 1730}

I found this picture of Marie Antionette that started my process. I knew that Amy wouldn't want it to be formal or uncomfortable for Emmy.  I decided to create a casual elegance through the room that a child would enjoy.

{Bella Notte Linens}

We began with the furniture. We chose a beautiful bed by Art for Kids that had caning detail on it. I paired it with 2 of their French Nightstands but had them add a simple pattern in blue, cream and gold for detail.  Our focal point was the paneling on the walls so we decided to keep most of the room in small patterns in order to not distract. The bedding is a mixture of  all washable textures in petal, silvermist and cream.  All of the patterns I chose are tone on tone and make a subtle statement of elegance. The crown over the bed was painted in cream ,with blue and gold accents, and I used a petal linen with a small stripe for the fabric coming down off the cornice. We placed 2 pink glass lamps with pink silk lamp shades on each nightstand to bring another soft touch of the color pink.

{Custom Pillow by Beach Bungalow Designs}

In the corner, we place a little french chair and used a small silk stripe for the seat. I selected a blue silk pillow with tiny pearls on it. I LOVED this pearl fabric but knew we only could use it sparingly as it probably wasn't practicable  for a toddler's room.  I placed 3 vintage pictures that Amy found above it in the center of the paneling. The pictures were old post cards that added a french flair to our room. The curtains were a soft linen in cream that we added a ruffle to the edge for some femininity.

{Custom Curtains by Beach Bungalow Designs}

This is my 7th year of working with Amy and her husband Kyle. I always enjoy every moment of my time with this family. Her style is identical to mine and she makes my job easy by trusting in the process. I think our working relationship is shown in how well this room turned out. I hope you enjoy Emmy's room and its theme transports you to another time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is MY dream room! Can big kids have it too?! Great job Trish!

Post a Comment