Ahoy Matey: Sail into our new Nautical Playroom!

{Jones Playroom After}




{Jones Playroom Before}

This may have been the largest one room project that I have been faced with in my career. I'm not going to lie when I walked in the room I had a moment of panic about how I was going to fill it up. The easy part was that my client Amy knew that she wanted an east coast nautical style in red, white and blue.

{ Custom Pillow Beach Bungalow Designs}



This patch-worked fabric was the starting point for the room. We decided that it would be wise to do a dark navy blue linen on the couch for durability with the kids. I paired it with blue stripe chairs and a red stripe rug. I loved the idea of layering the stripe chair on the strip rug for a mixture of patterns.

{Custom Canvas by Lauren Heinle Murals}


I wanted to bring in some playful artwork as Amy's kids are still very young. Lauren painted these custom canvas for me in a sailboat, crab and lobster with fun contemporary patterns behind it. One of my favorite aspects was the bead board wallpaper in the room. We wanted full bead board walls but after getting an estimate on this size room, it was way over budget. My client Amy found this wallpaper on the internet and brought it to me to see if it would work. We went for it! It turned out amazing and to my eye it did not look any different than real wood!!

{ Custom Check Curtains Beach Bungalow Designs}


I knew that Amy would never be opening and closing these curtains as they opened to her back yard and she doesn't need the privacy. Since the fabric was a little pricey, we made cheater panels that appeared to be full but don't actually traverse the whole window. This is area was our art quadrant. We made a custom art table for all her supplies in white. We also paired a Land of Nod playroom table with red Pottery Barn chairs that is smaller for their age right now. Our plan is to put a full table and chair set here in 4 years once they outgrow this one. We added cute red and white ticking cushions that tied to the chairs for a more custom appeal.

{Custom Cubby Unit by Beach Bungalow Designs}
I incorporated this cubby unit with a red bead board back for toys. Amy has a huge storage closet off this room for toys, games etc but I knew some toys needed to be accessible in the actual room. All the bins can be filled with small toys that our children acquire by the masses! The nautical flags spell out FAITH which is very important to the Jones family. I love the meaning behind it and thought it was a nice touch in the room.

{Custom Bean Bags Beach Bungalow Designs}

The custom bean bags were a fun splurge. We took the fabric from the curtains and made  3 bean bag covers for the kids reading corner. Its a great way to get extra seating in the room that is portable. I have a feeling the adults might be stealing them away from the kids as well!


{Jones Playroom}
The media unit filled up the long wall opposite the couch. We placed latterns, picture frames, shells and buoys inside as decorative items. My favorite part is the oars over the media unit. They brought some color to a mostly white wall and made the tall space appear more cozy.  

{Custom Upholstery Beach Bungalow Designs}
I am very excited to share with you this special space! I learned a lot through this experience and I was excited to tackle such a large room and be stretched. Thank you Kyle and Amy!

1 comment:

Admin said...

I don't know about how to made so beautiful this house..but i want to say that what curtain stuff use for design your work is really excellent and color combination so new!!
Patchwork quilt

Post a Comment