British Invasion!

In light of the Summer Olympics being held in London, I have received quite a few requests for British-inspired pieces. We are currently working on a new room that is close to installation that is completely themed by the British flag. I thought I would share with you some of my fun finds so far..

{Lauren Heinle Murals}

Lauren just delivered this canvas that was inspired by an old vintage poster that we found. We will be hanging it over the pre-teen's desk. 
{British Flag Rug}
This rug just arrived for the floor of my client's room. Its going to be the big British statement piece of the room. I feel the canvas above coordinates well but the flag is just a part of the picture so we doesn't take away from the rug.


{Red and White Fabric}
 This fabric is going to be on some pillows and a shower curtain. We needed a little pattern on the bed but wanted it to be mostly solid since the rug is such a huge statement.

{British themed knobs}
 We painted the desk from a natural wood to a crisp white and switched out the knobs to the ones above to re-purpose her furniture. Switching the knobs on furniture can completely change a look on a piece without going to the expenditure of buying a new one.


{Pottery Barn Teen}
We will be adding these seats to the room from Pottery Barn Teen.  They add a funky look to our room that I feel fits the theme. I can't wait to share with you the outcome in a couple of weeks. This is going to be a very different room for us. The before and afters are shocking!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment