Friday Favorites: Jaden's Big Boy Room


{ Jaden's Big Boy Room AFTER}

{BEFORE}

When my client Gina found out she was having her 2nd boy, she decided it was time to give her firstborn Jaden a new big boy room. I have worked on Jaden's nursery with Gina and was excited to help her with this next phase. It all began with the raffia upholstered bed that Gina saw in our store. We thought it would be perfect for the style of room she wanted now as well as a style he could grow with. We paired it with some ready-made bedding by Serena and Lily that was washable since Jaden is just 2 and will be going through the potty-training process soon.


{Custom Furniture Country Cottage}

We had a custom dresser built in a matching Caribbean Brown Stain that utilized a lot of drawer space. I specifically kept the raffia off that piece in order to not have such a matching set of furniture in the room.  I knew we needed a bookcase of some kind in the room but we ran out of room! I found this white wall bookcase at Restoration Hardware Baby that gave him plenty of space for his books. I decided to bring a yellow lamp in to pull in a different pop of color from the artwork. The orange shaggy raggy rug was sentimental for Gina. Jaden had one in chocolate brown in his nursery and she loved the texture. We purchased one for this room so there could be one piece of familiarity in his new room.


{ Oopsy Daisy Artwork}

We decided on 5 "under the sea" themed pieces of artwork that had bright colors and flowed with our bedding colors. The raffia style furniture naturally paired with a beach or water theme so these fit perfectly. I love that they could work for Jaden now as well as when he is older.


{Serena and Lily Book ends}

Don't be afraid to mix different items throughout the room that you love even if they aren't necessarily in theme. It gives an eclectic look to the room and allows for everything to look more decorated.


{ My client Gina and I on installation day}

 I want to say a special thanks to Gina and Ryan for allowing me to work with them again. Gina trusted me in times when she had hesitations and I think was very pleased with the outcome. Even though Mom and Dad weren't ready yet, Jaden slept his first night in his big boy bed that night and stayed the whole time!  Many blessings to the Goldstein family from Beach Bungalow Designs....


No comments:

Post a Comment