Megan's Sweet Escape

{ Sweet Escape Nursery}

{Bella Notte Linens}
When Megan and Kyle met with me the first time to create their baby girl's nursery, I thought they are just the sweetest couple and the ease of this project speaks a lot about them! Megan had a clear picture of soft grays and pinks but with minimal amounts of patterns to bring together a peaceful nursery for her baby girl. We started with the crib bedding by Bella Notte Linens. We used a light silver linen for the dust ruffle that has a detailed ruffle at the edge and layered it over a petal satin. For the bumper, we used a tone on tone petal damask that is washable and soft. I love this bedding because it looks custom but it can go straight into the washing machine!! The crib was a white distressed panel crib by Newport Cottages that was gender neutral.


{ Newport Cottage Changing Table}




We didn't want to crowd the room so we placed the changing table inside the closet in order to still fit a chair into the room. We removed the closet doors and built cubbies and a drawer system( which wasn't completed yet by installation time:)) so Megan could maximize her space for storage.

{Custom Chair and Tuffet by Beach Bungalow Designs}




We painted the walls a soft pink so I decided to upholster the chair in a heavier gray linen. Due to space constraint, I was worried about a full ottoman but I wanted  Megan to have a place for her feet while rocking. We made a round tuffet for her to use that could move easily aside anywhere in the room. Megan wanted a plain white flat roman shade AND of course I wanted something with a little more pattern. Our compromise turned out perfect! We did a white flat roman with a banding in gray and white damask along the 3 sided hem. My very favorite part of the room was the rug. The rug had a pale pink background with white, light gray, and dark gray damask pattern that tied all our colors together.  It was the one pop of pattern I was looking for!! It took a little convincing but Megan went for it and I think she was really pleased with the outcome!

{Side table Custom Beach Bungalow Designs}

{ Restoration Hardware Baby Frames and shelving}
I kept the accessories simple as our fabrics were the focus of the room. Megan did not want a theme of any kind so we decided to order these picture frames from Restoration Hardware and she could put family photos inside. TIP:: I used these same frames in my little Finley's room! My dad gave me a vintage barbie calendar for Christmas when I was pregnant with Finley. I cut out the photos and inserted them in these frames. It was a cute way to add a theme without having it  to be so prominent in the room.

I want to say a special thanks to Megan and Kyle for letting me help them with this process. They are going to be wonderful parents and are really ready for this time in their lives. I can't wait to meet the sweetest new member of their family!

No comments:

Post a Comment