The CAKE LADY: End of Summer Treat for the kids

I'm so excited for one of my best friend's Mary Thompson to guest write for us!! She started baking for me when she designed our Beach Bungalow Designs grand opening cake. She has baked her way through all my most major parties or memories since then. I just cherish her friendship and lean on her for her wisdom since she is an amazing mom. I hope you enjoy her posts on unique cupcakes ideas for you and your kids to do at home together...

{Beach Bungalow Designs Grand Opening Cake}


My name is Mary, and I absolutely love cupcakes. I have been finding fun, new ways to decorate cupcakes for over 12 years. I started when my first born was only a few months old. I took her with me to a cake decorating class in her baby carrier. I needed something creative to do and baking was my answer! I now have 4 amazing children who continue to inspire all my designs and keep me excited about cupcakes. My husband of over 14 years claims the smell of cupcakes in the oven is still something he enjoys(even though there aren't always extras for him to eat). I am so excited Tritia asked me to share my love with all of you on her blog. I personally feel that  whether you are looking for something fun to do with your kids in the kitchen, or need a creative outlet while baby is sleeping, cupcakes are the answer!


S'MORE
Summer is coming to an end. This means less trips to the beach and more time inside. But this doesn't mean you have to say good-bye to one of my all-time favorite summer treats...the S'MORE.
Here is a simple spin on the classic treat so you may enjoy it anytime without the need of a beach bonfire!

Just make any chocolate cupcakes that you wish. A simple box mix will work perfect!
Grab some marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate frosting to get started! 



Frost the cupcakes with the chocolate frosting.  



You will need to put the graham crackers in a sandwich bag and smash them with a spoon(great job for any young helpers). 




Once smashed, put the crackers in a bowl. Holding the cupcake sideways, gently roll the edges into the cracker, leaving the top center of the cupcake cracker free.  




Now you will slice your marshmallows in half, adding one half to the center of each cupcake.
At this point you are welcome to be done, however, you have the option of adding a little chocolate syrup to the top of the marshmallow for an extra punch of flavor! 



Now the only thing left to do is eat and enjoy! I know my kids and I did!  



Stay Tuned... Mary will have some more ideas for us throughout the year!!

1 comment:

Seth said...

Thanks Mary - these look amazing and now I'm hungry!!!!

Post a Comment